Sunday, February 14, 2016

My first blog post

Welcome to my blog.  I've created this blog because I have a nagging urge to create and I have the honesty to admit the ironically frustrating fact that I don't consider myself very creative.  Still, occasionally, I produce a photo that I am proud of or I create a bit of woodworking that I like to show off and so I've decided that a blog might be the best vehicle for me to put my stuff "out there." 

I'll begin with my most recent project.  This is a Lane Cedar Chest from the 30's or 40's that originally had beautiful mahogany veneer.  Decades ago someone painted the veneer a horrid shade of Pepto Bismol pink.  In an effort to strip the veneer of said sick pink, I used chemicals from hell packaged in the form of Bix Stripper which promptly removed most of the horrid pink and destroyed most of the lovely veneer.  To hide the damage I resorted to chalk paint, "tattoos," wax, and elbow grease.  Here is the result. 






I hope that someone "out there" views and enjoys my first little blog post and my cedar chest project.  There are more projects to come so stay tuned.  Peace and cheers, Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment